Frequently Asked Questions

We are here to help you.


How do I access supported independent living?

You can begin by assessing your eligibility through any one of the following:

  • Have, or be eligible for a Disability Support Pension
  • Be a registered participant of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
  • Be registered with Disability Services Queensland or Mental Health Services
  • Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a member of a family on a work or study visa, sponsored by the Australian Government
  • Have an intellectual disability or mental health illness as a primary disability
  • Be eligible for Disability and Community Care Services Queensland funding support package

If you are seeking services on a self-funded basis, please contact our team directly to discuss your situation.

Where are the shared houses located?

We have a number of supported independent living (SILs) accommodation sites across Brisbane, Redland Bay and the Sunshine Coast. If you are seeking a SIL arrangement, please contact us (link to contact us page) for more information and to discuss your queries.

How much does supported independent living cost?

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) provides funding for the support provided to participants in their home. The participant is required to pay the associated living expenses. These living expenses vary and can be tailored to suit the needs of the individual.

Contact us to discuss the cost of independently funded SILs arrangement.

What vacancies are currently available in shared housing?

You can donate our Emergency Fund through 121 Care. Your donation will be used to provide emergency and temporary support services as well as purchase equipment for people living with disabilities who have no other means of financial support. As a registered charitable organisation, all donations over $2 made to 121 Care is tax deductible.


How can I leave a testimonial?

Send us a testimonial of your experience with us directly to

What does skill building include?

NDIA has allowed the opportunity for tailored service provision. With this in mind, Guardien Group takes pride in offering person-centered support.

Please speak with our management team to discuss your goals and how Guardien Group can support you on your road to success.

What is community participation?

Community Participation is available to NDIS participants through their ‘core support’ budget. It is the flexible programming of community-based leisure programs that can be provided in a number of ratios.  Guardien Group has a community participation coordinator who supports the creation of group and individual schedules.

How can I apply for a job at Guardien Group?

Please send your resume to along with no more than a 500 word statement about yourself, with specific reference as to why you are suited to the disability care industry, your short and long-term goals, how you think you would fit into our team and your personal interests.

How can I make a complaint?

We welcome feedback whether positive or negative at any time. Please contact us (link to contact us page) at any time and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are an NDIS registered participant, you can make a complaint directly to the NDIS here.

Get in Touch. Get Involved.

We are here to assist you with any questions you may have so please contact a member of our friendly team if you have any questions. If you would like to donate to our emergency fund, your gift would be appreciated.

70 Cleveland Road Capalaba QLD 4175

Call Us: (07) 3539 6836

7 + 12 =